The main goal of the project was to develop diverse types of support and opportunities for adaptation and integration available to third country nationals.
Diverse Solutions for Public Education and Integration – 2 LATVIEŠU
- Projekta norises laiks: 1.01.2014 - 30.06.2014
- Projekta izmaksas: 119,780.74 LVL (89,835.55 LVL from The European Fund for the Integration of Third Country Nationals and 29,945.19 LVL from the state budget)
- Finansētājs: The European Fund for the Integration of Third Country Nationals (Main partner: Shelter “Safe House”)
- Kontaktpersonas: Krista Baumane
The specific goal of the project was to promote the participation of third-country nationals in social processes and ensure full access to support, adaptation, and integration services both prior to and after arrival in Latvia.
In the framework of this project, PROVIDUS:
- Updated a website on the rights and opportunities of third country nationals in Latvia, structuring the information about 15 most significant needs of migrants according to their reason of migration,
- Continued the development of a platform for dialogue between institutions and non-governmental organizations involved in immigrant integration to improve immigrant integration policy in Latvia.
PROVIDUS also organized Citizens’ Consultation on Immigration to enhance citizen participation in immigration policy, published a summary on the situation in Latvia, including visualized data on migration flows, reasons for migration and the rights and opportunities of third Country nationals in Latvia.
For more information, please visit the website of Shelter “Safe House”, the leading organization in this project.